GL Nutrition Whey Protein IS COMPLETELY NATURAL and a complete source of protein and all of the essential amino acids.
- Sourced from Grass Fed Animals
- Cold pressed
- Non-GMO Whey Protein
- Free from rBST and Other Hormones
- Contains NO Artificial Sweeteners
- Contains No Artificial Flavors
- Contains No Artificial Colors
- Is Gluten Free
- Has Reduced Lactose Content
- Has Reduced Fat Content
- No Acid Processing
- No Bleached Processing
- No Antibiotics
- No Pesticides
- It Contains 17 grams of protein per 1 scoop
- Only 90 Calories per serving
- 6 grams of BCAA's per scoop
- is easily absorbable
- Tastes Amazing
Furthermore, it receives superior scores in all measures of protein value including a Protein Efficiency Ratio (PER) score of 3.2, a Biological Value (BV) of 100, and a Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS) of 1.0, the highest rating. The whey protein concentrate and isolate used in this formula are produced through an ion-exchanged, ultra filtration process that results in the highest level of protein and amino acids while preserving all the naturally occurring, immune-enhancing, and muscle-nourishing bioactive components.
1 scoop contains 17 grams of protein and only 90 calories. Amazing ratio!
Whey is the residual liquid when milk is curdled and strained. Liquid whey is highly filtered and dried to produce whey protein, which is classified as a complete protein. Unlike other proteins such as soy and rice, whey protein provides all the essential amino acids in the body, including the important branched-chain amino acids, leucine, isoleucine, and valine. Whey protein also has the highest Biological Value of any known protein, meaning it is easily broken down and incorporated into bodily proteins.
GL Nutrition Grass Fed Whey Protein provides high-quality whey protein concentrate and isolate produced through an ion-exchange, ultra-filtration process. This process yields a high level of protein and amino acids while preserving the biological activity of whey proteins.
Whey protein is made up of four major proteins:
betalactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin, serum albumin, and immunoglobulins, along with other proteins present in
- BETA-LACTOGLOBULIN Beta-Lactoglobulin is the most abundant protein found in whey. This protein is rich in the amino acid cysteine as well as the branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs): leucine, isoleucine, and valine. BCAAs are known to help preserve lean body mass.
- ALPHA-LACTALBUMIN Alpha-Lactalbumin is another rich source of essential and branched-chain amino acids. It helps improve calcium absorption and can help reduce oxidative stress by binding toxic metals found in the body. Alpha-Lactalbumin also antagonizes a wide range of pathogenic bacteria. It has a high tryptophan content that can assist more restful sleep and morning alertness.
- SERUM ALBUMIN In addition to providing essential amino acids, serum albumin may help protect against oxidative stress.
- IMMUNOGLOBULINS Immunoglobulins, also known as antibodies, are known for their role in protecting the body against foreign pathogens. Whey immunoglobulins may help bind potential pathogens and toxins in the intestines and enhance immune function.
- OTHER PROTEINS Some other proteins that may be present in whey protein include lactoferrin and glycomacropeptide (GMP). Lactoferrin is a valuable component of whey that binds iron and several other minerals, aiding their absorption. It also has protective benefit for the immune system and exerts powerful antioxidant actions. GMP is a strong stimulator of the release of cholecystokinin, a hormone that suppresses appetite, decreases gastric emptying, and stimulates pancreatic secretion of digestive enzymes. GMP also benefits the immune system and can bind bacterial pathogens.
This highly filtered protein supplement is low in fat and lactose, uses only natural sweeteners, and does not contain preservatives. The whey in this product is derived from grassfed cows and does not contain any synthetic hormones such as rBST (also known as rBGH). As an excellent protein choice for individuals of all ages, this product is readily soluble, easily digested, and highly palatable. Whey Protein is an excellent source of protein for weight management and is also a great choice after bariatric surgery when obtaining adequate protein is difficult. Protein insufficiency may contribute to hair loss, muscle loss, low energy, and poor skin tone. Other uses for whey protein are sports nutrition, immune support, cardiovascular support, normal wound healing, blood sugar regulation, and general wellness. Whey Protein also helps increase the bodyâ€™s levels of glutathione, a powerful antioxidant
Suggested Use: Add 1 level scoop in 8 ounces of water, milk, or juice and stir or shake vigorously. Drink one or more times daily as desired.